Consumer Safety Technology, LLC. DBA Intoxalock
In conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University, Consumer Safety Technology LLC (CST) developed the Intoxalock ignition interlock device using alcohol-specific fuel cell technology in 1992. CST was the first company to use this cutting-edge technology, which is now an ignition interlock industry standard. In 2012, CST began officially doing business as Intoxalock. For over 30 years, Intoxalock has been an industry leader in ignition interlocks, using advanced technology that meets federal and state requirements in 46 states across the nation. Additionally, Intoxalock does business in all 50 states on a voluntary installation basis and also helps businesses with various alcohol monitoring solutions.
- Intoxalock launched Intoxavisor, a digital violation analysis tool that helps monitoring authorities more clearly understand if a violation has occurred, saving precious time focused on cases and people.
- ADS Interlock acquired by CST
- Service center network exceeds 3,800 locations
- 2019 Intoxalock introduced the most-downloaded IID mobile app for our customers, available on Apple and Android https://www.intoxalock.com/app/ devices
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the states of North Dakota and Delaware.
- Breathe Easy insurance acquired by CST.
- Launched Chat for customers to gain additional support channels
- Expanded service center network to 2,800 locations
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the states of South Carolina and Michigan
- Intoxalock is once again listed as one of the best places to work in Des Moines Iowa
- Intoxalock updates our calibration process to ensure data integrity and improve speed - a process that now typically requires less than 5 minutes
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the states of Virginia, New Mexico, Maryland, and Alaska
- Clear Light Partners, LLC sold Intoxalock to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Intoxalock acquires over 2,500 certified locations nationwide
- Began servicing customers in Arizona directly, buying out their distributor, Interlock Arizona
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the state of Kentucky
- Acquired over 1,600+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- Launched first ever eCHAT service in the ignition interlock industry
- Kimberly Williams was appointed as new CEO of Intoxalock
- Acquired over 1,300+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- Began servicing customers directly in Washington State, buying out their distributor, Interlock NW
- Intoxalock accepts SEMA Global Media Award
- Updated company logo and tag line to “Helping people live and drive responsibly"
- Celebrates 20 years in the alcohol monitoring and ignition interlock business
- Consumer Safety Technology (CST) DBA Intoxalock, is acquired by Clear Light Partners, LLC
- Consumer Safety Technology (CST) begins officially doing business as Intoxalock
- Intoxalock eLERT added to product line to provide ignition interlock alcohol monitoring with camera, data reporting and GPS One of the first markets to have advanced platform: camera, data reporting and GPS, integrated into our online Log Reporter
- One of the first markets to have advanced platform: camera, data reporting and GPS, integrated into our online Log Reporter
- Intoxalock rolled out automated gas calibration to allow service centers to quickly calibrate devices on-site
- Online Log Reporter developed for monitoring authorities to check user data logs online in a secure environment
- CST installed its first ignition interlock device
- CST, Consumer Safety Technologies Inc. (CST) was formed by Kevin Doyle, Tim Moran and Scot Lewton. Alcohol-specific fuel cell technology was developed by CST in conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University.