Ignition Interlock Device Installation & Removal
If you have been convicted of a drunk driving charge, you may be required to install an ignition interlock device , also known as a car breathalyzer, in order to legally resume driving abilities. When you are in such a situation, you may find yourself wondering who installs an interlock device or where you can get it installed from. In the next few minutes, we will try to answer all your questions to help you take the next steps with confidence.
Who Installs Ignition Interlock Devices in Cars?
If you are required by your state to install an ignition interlock device (IID, car breathalyzer, BAIID), your ignition interlock installation will be performed by a state-certified Intoxalock technician. All Intoxalock ignition interlock installers go through consistent and in-depth training, ensuring that you receive the highest quality of service for your car breathalyzer installation.
Where Can I Find an Ignition Interlock Device Installer?
To find an interlock installer, you can visit the website of a reliable interlock provider Intoxalock and look for their Locations page. Alternatively, you can quickly find a state-certified interlock installer near you through a quick search on Google or other search engines.
When comparing top ignition interlock device providers, Intoxalock has the most ignition interlock device installation locations nationwide (twice as many as any other provider). In addition, Intoxalock installers go through complete training and certification processes to ensure a quick, reliable installation and removal.
Need an Ignition Interlock Installed? 877-272-5195
We Can Help!
There was an error submitting your form. Please try again.
Thank you for your submission.
What to Expect at Your Ignition Interlock Device Install Appointment
Ignition interlock device installations usually take 1-2 hours at your local official Intoxalock Location, depending on the make and model of your vehicle. You can either wait for the installation to be complete in a waiting area or can drop off your vehicle for pick-up later.
Your Intoxalock ignition interlock installer will:
- Teach you how to work your device
- Answer any questions you have
- Provide you with extra mouthpieces, if needed
- Give you your certificate of installation
Ignition Interlock Device Removal
Removing your ignition interlock or breathalyzer device is easy. Your installer will remove the device and will mail it back to Intoxalock for you. It's important that only your Official Intoxalock installer disconnect your ignition interlock device.
- Confirm eligibility with your monitoring authority (make note of the exact date you are eligible to remove your ignition interlock device)
- Contact Intoxalock to schedule your removal at one of over 5,000 locations nationwide
- Intoxalock is required to have all of the state information and documents needed in order for them to permit the removal of a device
- If you choose, you may keep the device on a voluntary basis for a reduced price. Learn more about Intoxalock’s voluntary alcohol monitoring program.