Ignition interlock device pricing: What you need to know
We help you to answer all of your ignition interlock pricing questions, where to purchase a breathalyzer and money-saving opportunities.
How much does an ignition interlock device cost?
When compared with the average cost of a DUI, ignition interlock devices are quite affordable. With prices as low as $2.15 per day and monthly leases as low as $50, IIDs are a cost-effective preventative for drunk driving. Ignition interlock device prices vary depending on a variety of factors:
- The state ordering your ignition interlock device installation
- Required additional features such as a camera or GPS
- Required installation period
- The year, make and model of your vehicle
- Device Protection Plan available
- Free mobile application for account management
How does the cost of Intoxalock ignition interlock devices compare to other brands?
With cost-saving specials like free installations, or free first-month leases, Intoxalock prices are competitive in every state. Intoxalock offers many features that help make the ignition interlock device process affordable:
- 24/7 customer service
- Promotions for free installation, or for first month free
- Free cost quotes
- Free shipping
Be sure to check your state for cost-saving offers and coupons from Intoxalock.
Do ignition interlock device costs differ in each state?
Yes, much like DUI laws, ignition interlock device prices and offers vary per state. Use Intoxalock’s easy state law finder to identify the regulations, installation locations and price-saving offers in your area. Examples of Intoxalock cost benefits by state include:
- California: FREE installation (after rebate)
- Missouri: NO activation fee on new accounts
- Iowa: FREE home delivery with direct exchange program
- Wisconsin: Intoxalock will match ANY monthly lease
- Florida: FREE install via rebate
Can I lease an ignition interlock device?
Yes, leasing is the only option for court-ordered ignition interlock devices. You can lease an IID from any approved service provider like Intoxalock as long as it meets federal guidelines.
Can I receive financial assistance for my ignition interlock device?
Yes. Many states offer financial assistance to help cover some or all ignition interlock costs. To determine eligibility, a state might consider:
- Household income
- Eligibility for the federal food stamp program
- Employment status
- Court discretion
To apply for ignition interlock financial aid, reach out to your monitoring authority or the state office requiring your IID. The financial assistance process and availability varies by region, so check your state’s requirements for specific details.
Where can I buy a breathalyzer or ignition interlock device?
Ignition interlock devices can only be leased from a certified vendor. At Intoxalock, we offer discounted pricing on your device and install. Call today to get set up quickly and easily.