Based in Des Moines, Iowa, Intoxalock is an organization that prides itself on a strong Iowa work ethic, providing customers with professional services and the most reliable alcohol monitoring devices available. Our top-rated ignition interlock devices meet state requirements in more than 40 states with alcohol monitoring products utilized in all 50 states.
In conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University, Consumer Safety Technology LLC (CST) developed the Intoxalock ignition interlock device using alcohol-specific fuel cell technology in 1992. CST was the first company to use this cutting-edge technology, which is now an ignition interlock industry standard. In 2012, CST began officially doing business as Intoxalock.
- Rolled out remote calibration stations to allow service centers to quickly calibrate devices on-site
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the state of Florida
- Acquired more than 1,800+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- Began servicing customers in Arizona directly, after acquiring Interlock Arizona
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the state of Kentucky
- Acquired more than 1,600+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock provider
- Launched first-ever eCHAT service in the ignition interlock industry
- Kimberly Williams was appointed as new CEO of Intoxalock
- Acquired more than 1,300+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- eLERT 24 was added to the Intoxalock product line, integrating 24-hour monitoring into its advanced technology IID
- Began servicing customers in Washington State after acquiring Interlock NW
- Intoxalock accepts SEMA Global Media Award
- Updated company logo and tag line to “Helping people live and drive responsibly"
- Celebrated 20 years in the alcohol monitoring and ignition interlock business
- Intoxalock, formally Consumer Safety Technology (CST), is acquired by Clear Light Partners, LLC
- Consumer Safety Technology (CST) officially begins doing business as Intoxalock
- Home eLERT was added to the Intoxalock product line, providing alcohol monitoring at home
- eLERT was added to the Intoxalock product line, providing alcohol monitoring with camera, data reporting and GPS
- One of the first organizations to offer an advanced alcohol monitoring platform: camera, data reporting and GPS all integrated into the Intoxalock online Log Reporter
- Log Reporter developed for monitoring authorities to check user data logs online in a secure environment
- CST installed its first interlock device
- Consumer Safety Technologies Inc. (CST) was formed by Kevin Doyle, Tim Moran and Scot Lewton. Alcohol-specific fuel cell technology was developed by CST in conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University.