Based in Des Moines, Iowa, Intoxalock is an organization that prides itself on a strong Iowa work ethic, providing customers with professional services and reliable alcohol monitoring devices. Our ignition interlock devices meet state requirements in more than 45 states with alcohol monitoring products utilized in all 50 states.
In conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University, Consumer Safety Technology LLC (CST) developed the Intoxalock ignition interlock device using alcohol-specific fuel cell technology in 1992. CST was the first company to use this cutting-edge technology, which is now an ignition interlock industry standard. In 2012, CST began officially doing business as Intoxalock.
- Began servicing customers in Arizona directly, buying out their distributor, Interlock Arizona
- Approved as an authorized ignition interlock device vendor in the state of Kentucky
- Acquired over 1,600+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- Launched first ever eCHAT service in the ignition interlock industry
- Kimberly Williams was appointed as new CEO of Intoxalock
- Acquired over 1,300+ authorized service centers, the most nationwide among ignition interlock providers
- Intoxalock eLERT 24 added to our product line to integrate 24 hour monitoring into our advanced technology IID
- Began servicing customers directly in Washington State, buying out their distributor, Interlock NW
- Intoxalock accepts SEMA Global Media Award
- Updated company logo and tag line to “Helping people live and drive responsibly"
- Celebrates 20 years in the alcohol monitoring and ignition interlock business
- Consumer Safety Technology (CST) DBA Intoxalock, is acquired by Clear Light Partners, LLC
- Consumer Safety Technology (CST) begins officially doing business as Intoxalock
- Intoxalock eLERT added to product line to provide ignition interlock alcohol monitoring with camera, data reporting and GPS One of the first markets to have advanced platform: camera, data reporting and GPS, integrated into our online Log Reporter
- One of the first markets to have advanced platform: camera, data reporting and GPS, integrated into our online Log Reporter
- Intoxalock rolled out automated gas calibration to allow service centers to quickly calibrate devices on-site
- Online Log Reporter developed for monitoring authorities to check user data logs online in a secure environment
- CST installed its first ignition interlock device
- CST, Consumer Safety Technologies Inc. (CST) was formed by Kevin Doyle, Tim Moran and Scot Lewton. Alcohol-specific fuel cell technology was developed by CST in conjunction with researchers at Iowa State University.