When leasing an ignition interlock device, you will need a certified professional to install it. At the end of your lease, that installer will also remove the device.
When comparing top ignition interlock device providers, Intoxalock has the most ignition interlock device installation locations nationwide (twice as many as any other provider). In addition, Intoxalock installers go through complete training and certification processes to ensure a quick, reliable installation and removal.
What to expect at your ignition interlock device install appointment
Ignition interlock device installations usually take 1-2 hours at your local certified installer, depending on the make and model of your vehicle. You can either wait for the installation to be complete in a waiting area or can drop off your vehicle for pick-up later.
Your certified ignition interlock installer will:
- Teach you how to work your device
- Answer any questions you have
- Provide you with extra mouthpieces, if needed
- Give you your certificate of installation
Ignition interlock device removal
Removing your ignition interlock or breathalyzer device is easy. Your installer will remove the device and will mail it back to Intoxalock for you. It's important to only let a certified Intoxalock installer disconnect your ignition interlock device.
- Confirm eligibility with your monitoring authority (make note of the exact date you are eligible to remove your ignition interlock device)
- Contact Intoxalock to schedule your removal at one of over 2,500 locations nationwide
- Intoxalock is required to have all of the state information and documents needed in order for them to permit the removal of a device
- If you choose, you may keep the device on a voluntary basis for a reduced price. Learn more about Intoxalock’s voluntary alcohol monitoring program.
Twice as many installation locations than any other provider
Industry leader – Why choose Intoxalock?
Easy-to-understand and affordable pricing